Do you want to refurbish your kitchen? The kitchen has a huge impact on the look of your house. Besides, most of us spend a lot of time in the kitchen: from grabbing a quick bite to cooking a family dinner. Renovating your kitchen doesn’t have to be a huge project with lots of noise and huge expenses. We provide you with tips to renovate your kitchen at a low cost. Don’t make it difficult for yourself! We focus on the small things you can do to refurbish your kitchen.
Make a plan
Firstly, you need a plan. Consider the following:
- Which part of the kitchen is most worn out?
- Which part bothers me most?
- Which elements are there to be cleaned without having to be replaced?
- Are you satisfied with the devices (stove, fridge, dishwasher, etc)?
- What’s the status of the tiles and paving grouts?
- Are there walls that you want to paint?
After determining what you want to change, you decide on the order. Keep the following in mind:
Everything that causes a nuisance, like painting, has to be done first
Is there something you need a professional for? Plan this after the painting is done. When you want to install the induction cooker, for instance, you need an electrician.
Determine the budget
You determine the budget by first noting the urgent changes. Think about painting, a new kitchen worktop, and the replacements of pavement grouts. This forms the base of your budget. Thereafter, you can think for yourself what you’d like to do more. Are you low on budget? Get creative and consider the following:
- You don’t have to change everything to create a new look and feel
- Replace or renew elements instead of whole products. You can repaint a cupboard instead of buying a new one.
- A luxurious cooker doesn’t have to be expensive. Compare different brands on the internet and find the best quality for your budget.
Determine the look and feel
When you know the costs of renovating the kitchen, it’s time to decide on the style. This is where the fun begins as there are many ideas to choose from. Some might be more expensive than others so it’s wise to orient yourself.
Examples of different kitchen styles:
Make sure to make a well-considered choice: you’ll enjoy your kitchen for a longer period!
There are plenty of ways to find inspiration for your new kitchen. Here are some places to get your inspiration from:
- Online living magazines
- Kitchen boulevards
- Furniture stores
- Hardware stores
Don’t skip on the accessories: these are the things that make your kitchen come together.
Make a moodboard
Of course, you want to collect your ideas. You can do this by making an old-fashioned collage. Another option is to make a mood board. Pinterest is a well-known website that you can use to create your mood board. Register and collect pictures of kitchens, drawers, kitchen worktops, and more.